Launched on late October of 2010, it is the rugged version of Latitude XT2. It is said to be the industry’s smallest, thinnest, rugged, convertible tablet PC which is designed to withstand harsh environments and meet the needs of the tech-savvy outdoor market — military, police, field service organizations and first responders.
Below are its best features:
- High performance against rain, blowing dust and dirt, vibration and pressure and extreme temperatures.
- Rubber backlit keyboard for nighttime operation.
- 12.1″ Sunlight Viewable Convertible Multi-touch screen
- Quickly convert from traditional laptop to tablet PC while maintaining multi-touch features for both setups.
- Fingerprint & Smart Card Reader
- Enhanced Mobile Connectivity: WLAN, Bluetooth, WWAN
- EVDO, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, HSPA, CDMA facilities
- Rugged Docking and Mounting Hardware
- GPS, 3.0 MP Integrated Webcam
- Gang Charger – 10 battery charger
- Enhanced Security: ControlVault, ControlPoint, Cable Lock Slot, Solid State Drives’ full hard-disk encryption
Tech Specs Highlight:
- Intel Core 2 Duo, Centrino
- Windows 7 Professional
- 5 GB RAM
- 160 GB Hard Drive
- 9-cell Battery Slice
- 65 Watt AC Adapter
- Weight:2.45 kg
- Width: 12.1″
- Depth: 9.4″
- Height: 1.5″
- 3 External Antenna Connection
- 2 MP Hot swappable camera
The XT2 XFR is available at prices ranging from $3,000 to $3,800, in Europe and America. Expect the price to notch up in other countries.
Note: Some of the features/specs listed are optional, which means that it is not available for all models by default.
- Google Unveils its eBook store — Google Ebooks
- Who is Lin Mun Poo?